New versus old. Both have advantages but a growing number of customers now find good cause to make an investment in existing equipment. Reasons for considering a machinery rebuild are typically as specialized as the original reason for the purchase. Whether the intent was to decrease downtime or increase production, no one wants to make an equipment investment that could need replacement in a couple of seasons. With every purchase of quality equipment and the performance of proper care and maintenance, the buyer assumes the piece of equipment should have a long life span. Unfortunately, there are times when machinery fails earlier than expected or requires upgrading, reconditioning or repurposing to remain useful to the organization.
Think Walsh for Long-term Machinery Rebuild Options
Walsh Manufacturing offers machinery rebuilds created with heavy-duty steel gauge for a long lifecycle and accessible, standard replacement parts. Each machinery rebuild, redesign or cosmetic facelift conducted by Walsh includes a customer-to-customer-centric focus. This allows everyone involved on the project to keep the specific needs of the manufacturer and its machinery in mind throughout the life of the project.
Primary Considerations for a Machinery Rebuild
- Upgrade – Over time, a machine may not function at top levels. An upgrade could improve the safety profile, enable faster changeovers, increase scheduling flexibility and reduce setup time.
- Recondition – If a machine has existing issues such as a problem with the controls, drive, motors or wiring, reconditioning can bring a machine back to the desired levels of operation. If the basic platform is in good order, replacing the entire machine might not be necessary.
- Repurpose – As market and customer needs change, so should the versatility of the machines. A machinery rebuild is a way to recycle a machine for a more up-to-date purpose.
Questions to Ask when Considering a Machinery Rebuild
- Does an outdated control system limit a machine’s potential?
- Will a small expenditure create positive results than can impact other areas of the business?
- Is the existing platform good enough for a rebuild?
- Could a rebuild increase the cycle time and pay for the cost of the rebuild?
A Long-term Approach to Customer Service
As a testament to the strength and reliability of all machinery produced and rebuilt by Walsh, the company practices an extensive recordkeeping system. This means whether your business is a first-time owner of Walsh-made machinery or inherits it through acquisition, Walsh Manufacturing will have a record of the parts and processes that went into its design, production and potential refurbishment.
Walsh Manufacturing Services
- Parts Washing Systems
- Engineering Services
- Machinery Rebuilds
- Metal Fabrication
- Automation Equipment
About Walsh Manufacturing
Walsh Manufacturing is a Cleveland, Ohio-based manufacturing company with five decades of experience in machine design and metal fabrication. Over this time, we’ve built a reputation as a diversified manufacturer of machined components, subassemblies, alloy material, fabricated steel and machinery. If you’re looking for a cost-competitive, innovative, and reliable supplier with expertise in Parts Washing Systems, Automation Equipment, Metal Fabrication and Machinery Rebuilding, look no farther than Walsh Manufacturing.